View Single Post
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Failure is an Option
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
The games aren't played on paper though. People have been saying "we're not this bad" for weeks now, yet we still continue to play terribly. Some might say even worse. Every year there are talented teams who finish behind less-talented teams. There's no reason to think this year will be any different.

Plus the Oilers, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, and Sabres all have more confident / better goalies than us right now... that helps a lot when it comes to winning games.

The Oilers are also vastly under-performing offensively compared to what they're capable of. If you expect us to break out, they could easily do so too.

The top 5 is absolutely a possibility for us. I actually consider it LIKELY at this point.
Don't get me wrong, we're bad and I have long abandoned any hope of making the playoffs. But I've been watching a lot of hockey recently, and we just aren't the worst. The Oilers goal tending is horrible, and worse then ours I'm not sure where you got the idea it was good. The Blue Jackets goal tending is ok when Bob (and we pretty much know he's not a world beater) is in net, but Mason is a train wreck. The Avs and Sabres have better goal tending, but the rest of their team is pretty awful.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote