View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 05:29 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Sunshine wasn't a second round pick that has only improved his stock since being drafted. Pedigree matters in evaluations of players.

That said, Stolarz needs to continue his positive progression before getting anything other than "promising young goalie". His size, physical tools, and work ethic though are world class and that goes a long way.
I'd say that the reason people are so high on Stolarz is that he seemingly has all the tools. He's huge, and extremely athletic and quick for his size. He seems to have a great work ethic and its very encouraging to see him do so well this early in his first experience in te chl. Sunshine was always more of an enigma and no one really ever had that much evidence for why they thought so highly of him. It was always "well he's playing in Europe so we don't know how he'll transition" etc. but Stolarz made the choice to jump right to the ohl this year and that shows, to me at least, that he's serious about getting better at his position and wants to play in the nhl.

Also, I think the fact that we have the oppurtunity to see Stolarz play if you have the means to watch junior games does a lot for it. I know in the few games I've seen him play, he's looked very impressive.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote