View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 05:37 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Suit yourself. I just want this team to finish strong, hopefully after having made the right personnel changes (Sacco sacking, exile of Zanon/Hunwick). We're not in the same boat as, say, Calgary or Nashville, who honestly need to tank in order to draft a true star player. I think we have enough stars. We just need hockey players. And it's not like the Avs didn't get really good players (Shattenkirk, Stewart) with those slightly-lower 1st rounders in the past.
I think what it comes down to, is that most Avs fans want more immediate help. Which players in the top 5 tend to step in a bit quicker on average.

Even forwards in the 9-15 range tend take take a bit longer, so while that isn't being said directly. I think it's a factor...

I mean look at a guy like Mantha? Ranked 14th, (Latter is ISS rankings than Craigs list I think.) Hes expected to finish north of 50 goals on his season, and he has size to go with his offensive ability.

But will Mantha be ready next year? Probably not...

(Mantha is one of my favorite options, when it comes to forwards.)

Shinkaruk is a great example of a high upside forward who does not have the size to step in very quickly, hes ranked 12th.