View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 06:44 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Look at the league scoring leaders, the east plays a looser brand of hockey.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...3/seasontype/2

Pretty big up there are guys like Ribiero and Voracek guys that struggled to get anywhere close to that in the west. I also think they will be on the PP more in that conference. Time will tell, but I expect them to either pay Filppula to the point he will be the second line center or they will bring in a Weiss freeing up the D and Z line.

Plus there is the factor of if this is the last hurrah Datsyuk seems like the type that will want to go out with a bang in terms of how hard he works and everything he puts in. Leave that last impression and show that it is his choice to go back to Russia and he is still at the top of his game. Along with the motivation of the Olympics I think there is a lot going towards a perfect storm. Some will depend on the off-season Holland can put together no doubt.
East does play looser; but I don't think Detroit or Datsyuk will. Not that much he would score 100+ points imo. Yeah, it's possible but I don't think it will happen.

Voracek is better and in better position than what he was in Columbus.

It's also early into shortened season, Ribs for example has double the sh% that he's had for last 4 years.

He's been great offensively, no doubt. Too bad can't play D and that's not good mix as Ovy has been on he's line. But now they have mixed it up, OV is with Bäcks tonight.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote