View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
This season is really reminding me 2007/2008 for us. We had our big "go for it" season the year before. Lost a couple key players in the off season. Filled up the roster with bargain bin players. Underwhelming play, but may sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Therefore, I also think our moves (or lack there-of) will be similar. That year at the deadline we got Jan Hlavac for a 7th round pick and that's it. Lots of fans were disappointed that's all we did. He actually turned out to be a very solid addition for us. One of the best deadline deals that year going by value. Huge props to Poile/scouts there.

If Poile feels we can make the playoffs, we may see a minor deadline deal like that. Otherwise, no moves unless it helps us long term. A long term deal will likely have to wait until the off season, though.
Hlavac was solid for us. That pass where he stopped at the blueline to feed $uter to tie the game was incredible, talking about Game 3 of course. Then Arnott scored that slapper... That slapper was Yzerman like. I still get chills watching those highlights.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote