View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Why is our bottom six production so bad?

Whenever we have a player that can perform well there and produce we get rid of them. Seemingly always thinking we'll get better and instead getting worse players. A rotating series of worse players.

A look at 4 players that we got rid of and what they've done since leaving here. Note that all these players wanted to stay here and either played bottomsix here or were likely to make that adjustment. But the Oilers said, no, sorry, next.

Heres the guys and their goal totals since leaving here.

Curtis Glencross 87goals in last 4 years and change since being here.(It was important to save 100K, we have to pay dearly for Eagers, Brules, Barkers, Khabi etc,)

Raffi Torres 65 goals in last 4 years and change since being here. This I should add on bit minutes, typically something around 12mins night. Raffi for instance has 9EV pts this year on 10EV minutes/night in 18GP. WE currently have two players in the lineup with more EV pts.(It was important to trade him for a bust, Gilbert Brule, who I stated was a bust at the time. Brule scored 21 goals for us during his tenure here and then vanished after a brief stint in Phoenix. Heres the latest report:, cut from a swiss league team:

http://www.news1130.com/2012/10/23/s...gilbert-brule/

Kyle Brodziak 50 goals in last 3 years and change since being here. WE got two late round picks for him. We also gave up a late round pick. So you could say we traded Brodziak for a late round pick and a pack of timbits. Minny loves us though so its all good.

Andrew Cogliano 22goals in 1.5 yrs since being here. Yeah we had a numbers game on centers. Could we have continued to play Cogs elsewhere? Seems like a reasonable player and we sure got enough of a good look at him. But gave up anyway. Cogs is probably happy though getting to play on a good team so its all good.

These are some of the latest in a long history this org has of giving up on players that have found use elsewhere. Thats OK I guess, a lot of clubs around the league appreciate our efforts in developing players for them. For instance guys like Stoll, Lupul, Cleary, Chimera, also come to mind.

Heres the type of players we've recruited in bottom six subsequent to deeming the above bolded players expendable:

Macintyr, Jacques, Stortini, Potulny, MAP, POS, Reddox, Fraser, Eager, Belanger, Petrell, Jones. Not a complete list but you get the idea. Of these only Jones and Belanger have been particularly useful.

But could you imagine us still having Stoll, Torres, Glencross, Brodziak, Cogs, Cleary, Chimera in our bottom six and these being players that may have been willing to perform those roles to stay here?

How odd it is that the players we need are the ones that got away..

I can't explain a club that spends years developing young players and suffering all the growing pains and then just giving them away.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote