View Single Post
Old
12-22-2003, 05:50 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Ronning had Walker as well, in fact he had a more healthy Walker.
It'd be more appropiate to say that Walker had Ronning. Playing alongside Cliff in 2001, he had a career season scoring 25 goals and quite a few powerplay markers. Ronning makes those around him better. Kjellberg-23 goals. Krivokrasov- 26 goals. He got Hartnell on track when he was sophomore. Look at Gaborik. He is down right tanking it right now without Ronning. 3 goals in 22 games for one of the games brightest stars? The only differnce in their roster this year is the loss of the Ronning.

Nowhere do I claim Cliff to the "the answer." I just said that we should look into it again. I think he'd help. If the hold up is because we offered him a 2-way contract, I think that's unfair to Ronning.

He'd be an upgrade over some of our powerplay regulars. Ronning certainly wasn't part of the problem when he was here. I definitely think he'd help out the powerplay. He never got a chance to work with Zidlickly, Johansson, and Erat. God knows we need a veteran forward to stabilize our powerplay, preferably a center.

And again, 29 teams have not passed on Ronning. He has had offers. He's holding out for the right situation, if that ever presents itself.