View Single Post
Old
12-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
<---- Do not trade Saku!

17 shots against...was our defence great (51 aside) or was the Pens 'O' terrible?
Saku was once again our best player on the ice and I hardly even noticed Ribs out there.

As for the shot total....I think it was a little bit of both. The Pens don't really have much in terms of an attack but they generate some chances with their speed. That Koltsov can flat out fly! But the defense was solid tonight. I thought Komi played a good game and Souray was our best defender on both ends of the ice. His goal was sweet and he had another one ring off the crossbar in the first.

I am looking forward to getting Brisebois back after the break and hopefully he will replace Bouillon. Bouillon looks very tenative out there...he had a play in the offensive zone where he should of pinched but instead he backed off and was caught flat footed almost leading to a goal.

All in all it was a dominating performance...37-17 I think were the final shots and it could have easily been 6 or 7 1 but Caron made some nice saves. Plus the PP got another tonight and they were 9th in the league heading in so there is a good chance they improved that and the PK is something like 21 for 22 in the last few games and its also moving up. Special teams win games! As the standings in the east....we remain in 7th place 4 points clear of Tampa and only 1 point behind both Boston and Ottawa.

Lets move the show to DC tommorrow and enter Christmas 3 over the .500 mark