View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Lerb

vCash: 500
People talk about how Torts deserves a full season based on last season's ECF. What if I told you that the ECF appearance was with a different team that fits Tort's game and this team doesn't. Coaches aren't all purpose. A coach is no different than a player. Some fits its counterpart better than others. What if I told you that last season was an overachieving season where our bottom 6 guys really anchored us and we won a lot of close games thanks largely to our goaltender's .930 1.96GAA season? What if I told you Torts is not that great of a coach? BB went from Washington to the Ducks and had success. KH went to STL where the lineup suits his game.

This is a team JT created and he did great work for years but it's really time to move onto a system that ****ing wins championship. 5 of 6 teams in the last 3 SCF: Flyers, Canucks, Hawks, Bruins, Kings: high goal scoring teams + stellar goaltending from Quick and Thomas. We rolled on Henrik but we need offense. Without Henrik, we would have lost 1st round.

Last edited by Lerb: 03-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.