View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 09:12 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
I'm no fan of our Bottom 6, but I have another PoV.

What if a LOT of the fault comes from the lack of Defense?

I mean can you imagine relying on outlet passes from Peckham/Fistric/N.Schultz? Half our D plays the puck like it's a hand grenade.

We saw the difference a guy like Pronger made.

Not absolving the forwards of anything, but a stronger D would definitely make them look better. Heck, Roloson would even outlet pass on occasion, Cujo had that down to a science.
Definitely a decent argument could be made. If a guy like Petrell has to take it up the ice by himself, it's going to be a lot harder to retain possession than if you've got a guy that can hit him full stride, so he can dump it in and go after it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I agree on Bickell. He's the one I want the most but I'm sure Chicago will sign him and if they don't he's going to be offered over 2M on the market which is expensive for a 4th liner but still. As for Jones, he's wearing on me. He hasn't even scored this year and he's got 1 assist. I'm assuming the Oilers will keep him which I don't mind at all. I just think for my 3rd line I want a little more consistency and for my 4th line I want a biggger physical guy.
I'd be ok with giving him that money. Better Bickell at 2, than Prust at 2.5. Bickell can play 3rd line and not look too out of place (hell, he's on like a 40 point pace again this year). This is probably going to be his biggest contract of his career so I get the feeling he's going to walk and see what he can get.

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote