Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Stone Recalled (Update: Recalled Dec 31)
View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post
To the people saying MacLean can't take a chance on Stone.. What about DZ, Grant, and Gryba? He's given them lots of chances to succeed. I remember their first game vs. Toronto, right on their first shift they get scored on.. They get put right back out there. Stone IMO is a much better player than Grant and DZ (although they play a different style). I thought Stone looked alright out there. Wasn't the fastest guy on the ice but he wasn't completely out of place either. Some of you guys are saying he shouldn't be taking dumb penalties... it was one penalty and it was crap.. An interference call that was a load of crap.

I just think Stone should have gotten at least 12 minutes of ice time. Give the guy a chance to get into the game and get a couple shots on net. You give the opportunity to Grant and Dz but not Mark Stone?
He had a few games with 10+ minutes and looked good imo. Last night in particular though we were killing a lot of penalties and he had to take a seat.

I look at it as management sees Stone as a bluechip prospect, and they aren't going to let him stay in Ottawa if he's getting that kind of ice time. He's not out of place here which is a big positive but there's certainly more he can learn down in the American league. Kassian is a much better candidate to ride the pine and just get 5 minutes of ice time regularly.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote