Old
07-30-2006, 06:00 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
Putting up points is not Ribeiro's problem. His problems are everything else, except in the playoffs where he also has trouble putting up points. If he gets 80 pts and ends up +/- minus 15, well then that more than erases the benefits of his 80 pts. Ribeiro is consistently a minus-type player.

Consecutive one-year contracts is not a sign of respect. In Ribeiro's case it is a sign that he is not in the long term plans of the organization. Bob would not want to handicap the team by having to pay Ribeiro a salary in 2008 should his replacement be found this year. The one-year salary means that we are currently searching for that replacement.

To gain my respect, he would have to do all of the following in no particular order:

1) Win more than 50% of his face-offs
2) forecheck
3) backcheck
4) get faster
5) develop grit
6) get stronger
7) show up for the playoffs
8) score in empty nets during the playoffs
9) perhaps related to others...finish in the plus category.

All reports that he was "stronger" and developing a better work ethic were based on anecdotal evidence (one game here, one game there) and because Koivu was slumping. It was a fabrication by a few of the usual suspects who wish to see the Habs retain a certain composition on the team.

I simply can't understand the incessant confidence people show in Ribeiro. He had one good year, and that was playing side-kick to Michael Ryder. The constant, creative rationalizing in these threads reminds me a lot of older debates about another one-year wonder we got rid of. RIBEIRO is the major obstacle standing between the Habs and a shot at competing for the cup.
Lol he is only one player. Lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote