View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I don't recall Torts bashing Gabby for his post-season performance (or lack thereof). Are you basing that other comment on post-game comments where Torts basically convinces the media that he knows nothing about the players' injury status so that he doesn't have to answer questions or comment about them? Or did Torts come out after the season ended and say he had no idea Gabby got injured in the Sens series??? I'd have a hard time believing that Gaborik would not have spoken to and worked with Jim Ramsey after being injured, and that Rammer would not have communicated that information with the coaching staff. That's Jim Ramseys job....

If Gaborik injured himself and did not communicate that with the medical staff or the coach, than that would be quite puzzling and alarming. Players don't get sidelined for being forthcoming about their injuries/ailments, they get sidelined when the medical staff and management decide they cannot contribute out on the ice or that they would risk further injury if they were to play. I'd also have a hard time believing that Gaborik didn't tell anyone about his shoulder because he would be afraid he wouldn't be allowed to keep playing. They would let him play if they felt he could still have an impact on the outcome of the game.
Torts said in a radio interview after the playoffs that he didn't know Gaby was injured.