View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
jwolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Although PK is playing better, and I agree to that, I'm not ready to start heaping praise on Therrien for it. The guy had him on the THIRD PAIRING until Diaz got hurt.. and to be honest, if he hadn't got hurt, he still might be there.

PK has been given a lot more responsibility since Diaz went down (and rightly so... should have had it when Diaz was playing BUT..) and it's paying off, like I expected it too. In my opinion, a better coaching move would have had him playing with Gorges right away.

I like Therrien, I like his system, and you can't argue with the results he's gotten.. But the guy makes some real questionable decisions sometimes.
Though I love the job that Therrien has done this season - who can deny it really?? - I get your point. I was confused as to why PK was on the 3rd pairing and 2nd PP unit for so long, even after he shook off the cobwebs and was playing quality hockey. Logically, I would've thought 2nd pairing duties with, let's say Gorges while Diaz pairs with Markov would've made sense for everyone, no?

Whatevs... The team's in 1st, PK is playing like Suberman (copyright pending) and maybe - just maybe it's because MT challenges his players to dig deeper. Whatever he's doing, it's working!

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote