Old
03-14-2013, 10:25 PM
SA16
Sixstring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
im not so sure i follow...
sooo, nash scores the same amount of goals playing for a god aweful team while gabby does it playing on a team 1 period away from the finals, how does this look good for gabby?
our point is that everything with gabby is in short samples...he scores 2-3 in a game (usually against the piles) and then disappears for 10 games. so yes we can all break it down into small samples because thats exactly whats he's done for the majority of his nyr career.
My point is you can make a stat look like what you want it to to prove your point by manipulating the data. Provide the actual data that shows he does this and that it is significantly different than other players of his type. Seems to me HeyYo posted data disproving your theory that he does this (though I did not verify what he said nor did I compare it to others).

And what are you talking about the team Gaboriks first year here was not one away from the finals and he put up similar number sin Minnesota in the past as well on a bad team so that argument doesn't hold up. Also it is not like while here Gaborik played with significantly better talent than nash - the team's were better because of Lundqvist/Defense but I mean Gabby was often playing with Christensen, prospal etc..