View Single Post
Old
07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Mighty Duck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
I respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

It is quite clear that 13.4(a)-(d) are not stand alone terms and are merely illustrations of the Regular and Re-Entry Waivers chart. They can only be interpreted in the context of that chart.

As I posted above in the context of Article 13.4, age is NOT the current age of the player:

The Chart in 13.4 and the examples (a)-(d) are all forward looking - from starting point, the 18/19/20/25yo is exempt for a specified number of seasons or number of games (whichever comes first). It is the age at that starting point, not the players current age, that is relevant in interpreting chart in 13.4.

The waiver exemptions are not based on a players current age - they are based on either the age the player was drafted or signed his first SPC - based on Note 2, I would interpret age in the context if 13.4 to be the players draft age.
The Chart in 13.4 and the examples (a)-(d) are all stand alone example, and when I say indirectly connected, I mean separate, but together only when: (a) (a) & (b) have the common interest of the 11 game issue in 1st NHL season, (b) when: (a), (b) & (c) have a common interest of after 3 seasons, and in the 4th year, players are eligible for waivers, (c) when: (a), (b), & (c) have the common interest of after the player has played his 160th game, they are immediately eligible for waivers. With that being said, example (d) does not have any common interest with (a), (b) or (c), and stands alone by it's self, (d) A Player 25 years old or older who plays in one or more Professional Games in the 2005-06 season will be exempt from Regular and Re-Entry Waivers as follows:
Season Regular Waivers/Re-Entry Waivers
05-06 Exempt
06-07 Eligible

Notice that in the new season, (d) illustrates that a player who played 1 game of pro hockey the preceeding season, will be eligible for waivers in the next season, is descibed as Art.13.2 The "playing season waiver period" shall begin on the 12th day prior to the start of the regular season and end on the day following the last of a club's playing season.

I guess we could argue this until the cows come home. I propose we wait and see, as I know my point will prove out in the end.

Mighty Duck is offline   Reply With Quote