View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
WHY SHERMAN SHOULD NOT FIRE SACCO UNTIL THIS SEASON ENDS

Unless Sakic is willing to coach on an interim basis (which I doubt: could he sit Hejduk if needed?) Sacco has to stay.
1) Who will coach the rest of the year? If its Quinn or Army, and the Avs go on a run or at least show improvement, it opens the door for that coach to stay on for next year.
2) Better to see who all the available options are this summer. This team needs a coach with some experience in the NHL. I know many want Roy, but he'll want too much player control, and I'm not a fan of one person being the Coach and GM of a team in any sport.
3) Very unlikely that the Avs make the playoffs even if they go on a run, so no point in the upheaval, when worst case scenario is the team tanks for another month and a half.

JMO, but I think Sacco stays til after the last game, but I bet he's gone before the ice melts.
And what is so bad about that? Patrick Roy is a smart person, he's no slouch and he's shown that in Quebec. If he's both GM and Head Coach, he KNOWS exactly who he wants and if they don't perform, he knows he has the ability to ship em out whenever he pleases, he isn't held back by anyone. I've always been of the opposite opinion, that if a person with knowledge came in and was hired as GM and Coach, I'd welcome it