Thread: Marian Gaborik
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
I agree that his performance has been unacceptable this year. But the fact that he hasn't performed doesn't mean that he can't performed. His done it year in year out everywhere he's been. The only bad year he has ever had is two years ago. Every other year (post being real young of course) he's pretty much been on a 40 goal/PPG pace even though he was hurt a lot then. He has had very few injury issues since he's been here and the one's he has had he has often played through them.

Well he's got 12 goals and 8 assists in 23 combined games vs Boston/Pitt since he's been here so he seems to be doing alright vs. them. And what's wrong with him in the playoffs? Did he not step it up when he scored the game winner in OT last year while playing injured? He obviously has not performed as well in the playoffs as the regular season while here but he played one entire playoff injured, the other was only 5 games, and once again it's a small 23 game sample size and in general you should expect lesser production (slightly, of course) in the playoffs since it is against better competition.

And I apologize if I thought you said you wanted to trade him now. I'm not entirely opposed to it in the offseason but it has to be to acquire a player who can step in and also be a big time goal scorer which is unlikely.
Gaborik does very well against Boston (to the point where id say hes a Boston killer), Philly and Washington.