View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 12:07 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
2nd in offensive ice time behind Erat. -2 for the night 4SOG one of which was a big flub. He reminds me of Annti Philstrom alot of potential and history but can't get it done with the big team.
Your dislike of Smith is getting out of hand. There is no way in hades Smith and Pihlstrom are even close to comparable. Completely different players. We have so few players that can create offensive chances we have to keep putting these young guys with skill out there and hope they can figure out the NHL. We all know this is a semi-transitional season for this team. I think we keep forgetting this is the 27th or 28th game? This is Smith's sophomore season. He entered the NHL on fire but has cooled off and struggled to find his offensive game since then I'll grant you that but there is a reason there is a thing called a sophomore slump. Many young players take a few seasons to truly become comfortable. This is a team starved for talent so when you have a young skilled guy like Smith you have to put him in successful situations and be patient.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote