View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 12:22 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Okay, well, offensive help is a definite need on this team. At least on the wings. And maybe at center too if things fall apart with O'Reilly again. And the Avs have to be wary of their salary structure going forward. Adding a Keith Yandle--good as he is--will not help that endeavor.

Only way I'd want to part with our first rounder is if I knew we were getting a surefire Norris-caliber defender in return, which wouldn't happen, I know.

So no, the Avs have already traded out of the first round of too many drafts recently. They need to stay the course here. A defense built around EJ/Hejda/Barrie/Elliott/Siemens and whatever FA signing or trade we make in the next couple seasons could be good without giving up that valuable first rounder.
Fair enough, as long as we can add two top 4 defenders in free-agency IMO. We might be fine...

But we sure as hell are not finding a top pairing defender in free-agency. We have a better chance at finding help on the wings in free-agency though, but that's IMO.

I'm also in the camp that wants to keep all three centers moving forward though.