View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 03:27 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Laviolette though...would jump directly to the top of my short-list if he were to become available. He's got a ring, he's taken the Flyers pretty far, he advocates exactly the sort of aggressive attacking style we want, and he's obviously quite flexible and open to the idea of using skilled young players to great effect. He's on the hot seat because he has a pretty miserable group of blueliners as a whole, an extremely inexperienced team for the most part, and most of all...just garbage goaltending. Give him a roster like we have, and he'd excel imo.

The real question is...if the Flyers are stupid enough to can him over this season's disappointment...does Gillis have the cajones to fire AV this year and bring in a new coach this late in a short season? Laviolette is probably the only coach i'd consider it for...and even then, it's really dicey. It'd be an extremely tough short adjustment period. But if it meant securing Laviolette's services for the future...would it be worth it?
The bolded is why I would absolutely take a chance with Lavy. I feel he could help this team reach their potential in ways that AV just hasn't.