View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Ole "so effective" Brass has 2 goals in his last 15 games. That's a pace of 11 goals over an 82 game season. It's even less than his season pace (4goals/25games) of 13 in an 82 game season.

Real heady stuff for an allegedly first line player with ample PP play time in his 6th NHL season.

Some people think that this guy is worthy of someone else's first round pick.
And to think, others think he is worthless.... He has a 1 g in his last 3 games. That's a pace of 27 goals over an 82 game season....

OK, I had my fun. I like Brass but I'm OK if he's moved. What boggles my mind is that some of you see one thing and one thing only to work to prove your point. If you are watching this kid on the ice he is playing much better and looks like a 2C should (in my opinion). With points in 4 straight (5 pts in 6) he's starting to contribute as the entire team improves. He's a pass first guy and best used on the PP. He gives effort, has heart and vision/IQ. We know he has his flaws too (he'll never be confused as physical and his faceoffs need work). He also happens to be tied for the team lead in points (the total is sad but what does that say about our scoring as a team?)

Brassard's problem is he was a top pick and expected to be better. I don't disagree with that. He's been inconsistent but the talent is there and he loves the game. I'm interested to see if he can continue to play like this for an extended period. That has evaded him (many times due to injury).

edit: this should have been in the Brassard thread....

Last edited by Xoggz22: 03-15-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: thread hijak :)
Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote