View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 09:21 AM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Right, Boyes is in better position always in the offensive zone. I was a fan of PAP (Smear) but he would sometimes bump into Moulson and JT (behind the net, up along the boards). That would make it easier for the opposition to clear the puck, because it would pop out and PAP was still stuck along the boards. Boyes at least does not do that. Bad Boyes needs to shoot the puck and with authority. Someone needs to yell at him and tell him to SHOOT. Say "Watcha gunna do? When the puck comes to you?" He had 4 SOG last night, more than anyone else. He needs to do that more. Earth to him and Okposo.
Parenteau played much better his second year with the Isles than his first - much much better. He really improved last year and made believers of a lot of us "naysayers". He's continued to play well offensively in COL. The turnovers dropped dramatically and he always skated hard on both sides of the puck, he even tried finishes checks and would take a hit to make a play.

Boyes is pillow-soft and he is Matt Martin compared to Moulson. But both those guys played well yesterday.

I would keep Boyes. He's a very talented offensive player and maybe another coach can get him to WANT TO compete more, that would make him a much better player. But I don't think it's that easy. He and Moulson should never be on the ice together 5on5, they render Tavares nearly useless out there. That should be a HUGE concern to Cappy and Snow.

But they don't seem to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
Worried about the next two games, they need to win them and without grabner and possibly ullstrom I'm not sure we can. Minus both of them we are a pretty slow squad
This team lives and dies with the PP.

They miss Grabs because he creates his own chances and plays pretty well defensively, using his speed and anticipation to break-up plays and get to loose pucks. Can't replace him.

Ullstrom they can live without. He's been a healthy scratch and although I (and many of us on the board) like his size/speed/forecheck/backcheck in the lineup, Cappy doesn't seem to care.

I hope to see Joensuu.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote