View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 11:07 AM
seanerixon

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
I like the green biscuit. Pretty good feel to it. Surprised no one else mentioned it yet. I never played a whole lot of forward, usually a defenseman, but a puck moving dman. What helped my handles was just stick handling everyday. After school, went to the rink and just kept skating with the puck. Whenever there was a pickup game going on, I kept practicing. Slow things down to a tempo you like, try and control what's going on. Try things you normally wouldn't, have fun doing it. Otherwise, stick handling will never be your thing. I have a friend who literally just enjoys shooting the puck, he'll fire away from anywhere, because he doesn't like to challenge anyone with the puck. It's just a pickup game, have fun, and don't be afraid to try something with the puck a few times. Don't be a hog though -_-

In short: Practice. Green biscuit. Practicing with a heavier stick helps too(if you do it for a long enough period of time).

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote