View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 10:50 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
In regards to injuries and all that stuff, that was the final nail in the coffin in regards to play hopes. What hurt the team were the first 3 months of the season and what was the 7 game losing streak all but the death knell of the season. For the most part Rychel took far too long to act and wasn't the least bit proactive.

At the end of this year they will have 5 or 6 20 goal guys. Aleardi, Khokhlachev will be gone from that group. Giftopolous would probably have had 20 goals, Johnson got to 20 after pulling his 1st half disappearing act like last year, Vail as far as I'm concerned took steps back in his development, Rychel is going to come close to repeating his 40 goal year which is all you can ask for on the goal scoring front.

Like Fluffy said earlier the other issues are quite glaring not being able to string 2 passes together in stride, last night in a 2-0 game I saw Ho-Sang decide to try and go coast to coast while Aleardi was tapping his stick to get the puck. What proceded to happen after that was Ho-Sang got stopped at the blueline by 2 D, turned the puck over and 5 seconds later Owen Sound was up 3-0. For all the good things HoSang has done there's still more sizzle than steak. If Ho-Sang has no confidence in a linemate like Aleardi who has 1.5 ppg who will HoSang have confidence in? I am sure HoSang will improve but those habits have to be broken asap and if this team continues to struggle those habits will become harder to break.

They either get the Memorial Cup or Rychel has to flush it. At least if the Spits bottomed out next year they actually have a 1st round pick. If the Spits continue to play poorly in 2015 they can use their 1st round pick trade it for a few 2nd round picks and use that pick in 2016 in the 1st round as compensation I don't think the league can take that pick away.