View Single Post
03-15-2013, 11:41 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jacko95;61708269[B
]It's not a poor move. I can recall a lot of fans that said in summer, everything above .900 should be good for Lindbäck in his first year, we didn't expect much more than it is right now[/B]. If he stops letting in a softie per game (hasn't done it for three games or so now) he is great. Tampa is happy with him and the team should even be successful if he lets in a softie per game. Tampa plays run and gun hockey, so we can't expect much more from our No 1 goalie than 2.80 GAA and we have a unproven one. I expect his GAA to be at 2.90 and a SV% around .905 at the end of the season.
This team is made to win games 6-4 and not 2-1 and I think it's though for a goalie to understand that 3 goals per game can mean that he played great. Give him the time he deserves.

By the way I don't think he meant you with the Hedman sentence.

It seems as many HF posters think we are in win now mode, but we went into the season with a team talented enough to make the playoffs, but they struggle while having a bright future, so if it's not this season, we can wait (one more). The only guy i feel bad for is MSL, but he has two more years (at least) and by than we should be a contender, I only hope SY decides the right way when it comes to the coaching desicion.
I agree that acquiring Lindback was not a poor move. He could turn out to be a good goalie so it's far too early to write him off.
I think though it was a poor move throwing him in as your number one. A solid vet who could start the majority of the games would have been the way to go, IMO. Let Lindback ease himself into a more prominent role without the pressure. I'm not very impressed with Yzerman's moves over the last year. He also needed to address the defensive issues and Salo while a good player was never the answer.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote