View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 11:50 AM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Look how much better at skating, and handling the puck, and jumping into the play, and at shooting he is there than pretty much any time we've seen him.

He needs to be put in situations where he can succeed, and in a system that promotes more offense from the D. Compare that shift to the guy that just plays solid D most of the time, and sits at the point only to take the occasional shot on net that gets blocked.

His offensive skills have probably atrophied his whole tenure in Colorado because Sacco has no idea how to implement a proper system that involves the defenseman contributing on offense, and the forwards contributing on defense.

It's all just hey forwards go score, D you know just fall down in front of shots and then get off the ice.
He's been jumping into to the play pretty frequently since his return from injury and we seen alot of it last night. I was certainly impressed with his work last night. I actually think he's been better this year at getting the shot through and made a really smart bank shot last night too.

I know people love to hate on him because of the trade but I actually like it. Shattenkirk at his best can't impact the game like Johnson at his best. He's finally starting to show some offensive flair in his last few games. Hopefully this continues and puts the haters to rest.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote