View Single Post
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Like with the Flyers I think there are certian guys on the Rangers(see McDonagh) who will never make it to even get to an offersheet IMO.
He is likely their no. 1 priority to resign to a long term deal.
This is the speculation thread though, right? Guys have speculated about Perry for months/years. He could very well sign long term in Anaheim tomorrow and end all that. Until he does though, it's valid to speculate. Same w/ McD.

Obviously if the Rags lock McD up, then it's a moot point and you move on to the next idea. But until that happens, I think it's fair to speculate.

Actually, I think it's extremely fair to speculate, being that a contract dispute between MDZ and the Rags this past off-season nearly caused him to miss training camp. The Rags are a lot different than the Flyers when it comes to RFAs. The Rags like to sign all their guys to bridge contracts as RFAs (low years, low $$$, still RFAs or just barely UFAs when they expire). As you can see w/ Subban, MDZ, etc. more and more NHL players are disliking the bridge contracts and are asking for long-term deals instead. That's leading to a lot of contract disputes that drag into RFA / offersheet territory.

It won't surprise me at all if McD makes it to RFA status this summer. Sather is stubborn when it comes to signing his RFAs and we could potentially use that to our advantage.