View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Keller signs a one year deal with the Fins. Another solid move by Ireland. Im pissed that he missed on Bennett, but there are other DEs on the market. Besides, both he and Wake play on the same side, so Im not sure how that would have worked.

Now...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Ireland, draft Austin in the first round! Wallace, Hartline, Austin, Keller, and Miller would be such a difficult matchup for any team in the AFC IMO. It would be the most prolific offense we have had since Marino and the Marks brothers. We can get a TE in the second round, and maybe get back in the first with Bess and a 2nd, and get Eifert. April cannot get here soon enough!

Also, speculation is that Long is leaning towards re-signing with us, which would be HUGE!
Yeah I dont mind adding Keller though Bennett would have been better. Still Keller is gonna help us next season for sure. I'm not worried about the DE help cause we'll be getting someone at some point. I saw Abraham is going to be here for a visit too so he would be a solid vet to play opposite Wake.

I dont really feel strong enough to draft Austin as early as #12. We would have a similar enough offense just keeping Bess in the slot over Austin who probably projects to play there. I'd rather us draft a CB to address that need in the 1st round at our pick. I just want a playmaker of some kinda with our top 3 picks...on both sides of the ball.

I think Long has come back down to earth regarding how much money he's gonna command. That is definitely good news for us trying to bring him back...maybe on a 1 yr deal like Keller would be good for both sides. We still could use some depth on the O-line so I expect we take a lineman with one of our early picks too in the draft.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote