View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Yzerman's made it clear that he's not interested in acquiring Luongo, and it should go without saying that he's not going to be moving Hedman. I can't even begin to comprehend why either of those ideas would be discussed.

He is however looking to deal from a position of strength (forwards) to upgrade a position of need (goalie? defense?), as reported by Lebrun earlier this week. There was very strong speculation last year that Yzerman coveted Cory Schneider, could it be possible that he still does? I don't imagine he's already given up on Lindback, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's looking for a guy like Schneider to form a more reliable tandem for the future. If this was the case it would certainly jive well with his comments to ESPN earlier in the week:

Quote:
"To sit here and say, 'Iím going to do something big,' thereís nothing big that can be done at this time," Yzerman said. "Itís not like we just sit here and do nothing all day. You talk to people, you see if thereís anything that makes sense. For a lot of reasons itís difficult to find a fit, to find the right players, the right salaries to make a trade. You donít just do something to do it."
Quote:
"Rental players cost you draft picks or young players, weíre not interested in that," Yzerman said. "Thatís why we signed free agents in the summer, to fill those places. If thereís a trade that makes sense where a team has a need and we have a need, then it would be addressed that way."

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote