View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Sure its smart to reserve some expectations. But there have been plenty of guys drafted late in the 1st round that have become high caliber top pairing d-men. Heck, look no further than Washington with drafting Mike Green (#29) late in the 1st round and they did the same with John Carlson (#27 overall). The fact that Matheson is playing so much as a freshman is only going to help his development and he's not going to be rushed either by Tallon. Its extremely possible that he could develop into a top pairing guy.
Of course it's possible, but people seem to believe it's a likely rite of passage. I saw Gud for prez in a prospect thread saying he unquestionably should have gone top ten. I mean ... seriously.

He's projectable for sure. Skates well, big body, seems competent in his decision making and has solid offensive skills. Projects as a versatile 2 way defenseman. There are however numerous defenseman i'd still select over him in the 2013 draft. Kulikov/Gudbranson's development really should have taught people a lesson by now. Nothing is a guarantee.

I wonder if we do select #1, don't want to take Jones, and a team within the Top 6 wants Jones really badly, what would could acquire. Could be interesting.