View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 03:32 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
You can't compare Windsor and Plymouth for goaltending, especially this year. Why? Two VERY different teams in front of them. Windsor has had horrific luck with injuries and suspensions, so their defence has been a matter of who's willing to play back there on any given night. While I don't disagree that DeKort needs more playing time, comparing him to how the Ply 16-year old is developing isn't fair. He has a rock in front of him. Put DeKort on the 09 team and tell me how he does.
We would never know because Gleeson (16 yr) was the backup goalie that year for the first half of the year and only played 5 games. I am not sure who the better goalie between Gleeson and DeKort is at their respective times in Windsor. This isn't just about this year about Plymouth but look at the goalies they have developed from Zepp, Neuvirth, Smith, Hackett, Wedgewood, Drew you could even include Mahalak in that discussion to a lesser extent.

The point is this if Rychel has such an issue with not developing a goalie he needs to look no further than himself and the coaching staff. The next time this ownership and coaching staff develop a goalie will be the first time.