View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Any chance Laughton could develop into our 2nd C and Couts our 3c?
Laughton is a very interesting character and I'll explain. He's really had no role since joining the Generals. He's been the top line center, he's been the second line center, he's been the checking center, he's been a point guy on the power play, he's been a penalty kill guy, he's been a last minute/protecting a lead guy, etc....He's really been used all over the place by the Generals and he's really had a "defined" role.

Some say Laughton is a dime a dozen player, but the fact is, nobody really knows what his upside could be simply because of how he's been utilized. Much like baseball has a utility player, Laughton fits that role to a t in hockey. That's part of the reason why I think Laughton should be given a final season in junior of being "The Man" for the Oshawa Generals and see what he can really do as the top dog. It'd probably be best for his development to have him play in one role the entire season to see what kind of upside he really has.

Personally, I love his versatility and what he brings. If you can put him through lines 1 to 3 and he performs in each of those roles, that's an incredibly valuable player to have.