View Single Post
03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Teams don't usually trade guys they just drafted at the following deadline. They don't carry too much value to teams who are dangling rental players. At some point, if all the prospects pan out, we'll have to consider moving a defensemen. However, until someone is knocking at the door and there's no room on the roster, I think guys like Skjei will stay with the organization.
Off the top of my head Coyle and Rundblad were traded the year after they were drafted and carried some big value.

I feel like there isn't much time to waste anymore with the Rangers. Lundqvist is getting older and we honestly have no clue how long he will keep up this level of play, and I'm in the group that thinks we should keep Gaborik here until his contract expires. If we can get a solid trade right now we could be seeing a complete team that can contend and truly considered one of the best. Skjei is one of our more valuable assets that we truly don't have a need for and won't have any effect on the current team, or possibly even the team 4 years from now. The Rangers could very seriously miss the playoffs this year. This isn't the time to burn a year off this team, they should be doing everything it takes to win a cup while this window is open. We aren't going to get *much* better (if at all) waiting for Kreider and Miller to further develop but losing Gaborik and Richards getting worse.