View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Off the top of my head Coyle and Rundblad were traded the year after they were drafted and carried some big value.

I feel like there isn't much time to waste anymore with the Rangers. Lundqvist is getting older and we honestly have no clue how long he will keep up this level of play, and I'm in the group that thinks we should keep Gaborik here until his contract expires. If we can get a solid trade right now we could be seeing a complete team that can contend and truly considered one of the best. Skjei is one of our more valuable assets that we truly don't have a need for and won't have any effect on the current team, or possibly even the team 4 years from now. The Rangers could very seriously miss the playoffs this year. This isn't the time to burn a year off this team, they should be doing everything it takes to win a cup while this window is open. We aren't going to get *much* better (if at all) waiting for Kreider and Miller to further develop but losing Gaborik and Richards getting worse.
Coyle was a solid piece added to acquire a player the team really liked. Setoguchi really made that deal. Rundblad was dealt on draft day for another prospect. Slightly different situations there.

I understand what you're saying, but I just don't think Skjei holds as much value to another team as he does to us.