Thread: Mike Ribeiro
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 04:04 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Obviously it isn't 100% that we get one but almost everyone has them all spread out in the top 10 it is very plausible that we get 1 of them.

Border line bust? He is starting to break out this season and your writing him off.

Lets see Gaudrea is 2-3 years away so I would much rather go with the 25 year old backlund over the 35 year old Ribiero not to mention he is a UFA and can walk so we get neither.

We have Cammy,Tangs,Iggy,Jbo,Gio,Hudler,Wideman who can all provide leadership that is literally the last thing we need. A winning culture? You make it sound like we can't win a game, over the last 3 years we are 118-90-38 we aren't a dead last team we are just average.

I doubt they take it too they would want a 1st + that doesn't mean we would take it either. I never said either are untouchable but we are already the oldest team in the league and instead of allowing one of our few young players to grow you want to ship him out for a stopgap so we can fit for 8th place. If you can't see why this a bad move for the Flames then you must be part of the ownership group. We need to start developing our own players that can help us now and in the future Backlund and Brodie are literally the only players that can do that right now and you want to trade one of them for 30 games of Riberio.
Whoa Nelly. I'm not advocating we over pay for Riberio because yes, he's a UFA that can walk. I just think regardless where this team proceeds, we need a legit top 6 centremen between our wingers, whoever they are. I don't think Backlund is that. I don't like the idea of Stajan and Backlund facing Crosby, Toews, Kopitar, Spezza, Thorton, etc and so forth.

I think this club has proven to me know matter what coach, no matter what talent, if you don't have a legit #1/2 center, you'll never be more than average at best

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote