View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model62 View Post
Not advocating blue chips for rentals. Advocating killing two birds with one stone; adding a veteran presence to this year's group and getting a head start on replacing Mitchell.

In any case, trades at or near the deadline have been and will continue to be for more than "adding pieces for a cup run."

The silly deadline talk is that involving Iginla. That kind of thing does not fit Lombardi's MO, and it definitely does not address this team's needs short term (reliable stay-at-home defense) or longterm (how to replace Mitchell).
I don't really understand your point here.

I wasn't saying that you were advocating the dealing of blue chip prospects for rentals, only pointing out that Carter was a different situation due to the amount of time that we would have with our new player to get them ready/used to our system before the playoffs. Carter had a longer amount of time to adjust.

I don't follow you on the silly deadline stuff involving Iginla in response to what I was saying though the model does fit.

I agree that we will likely need to address a couple areas of need after this season. If WM doesn't return then we will need to find his replacement. We could do that this season but a deadline move will always be more costly then an offseason trade.

I think we are both saying the same things, I must be missing something on your response though. It happens.