Thread: Confirmed with Link: Mikhail Grigorenko assigned to Quebec (QMJHL)
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Zman5778

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
What does him playing with better linemates have anything to do with his game other than the number of points he gets? It doesn't matter who your wingers are if you don't do what you need to do. He never got remotely physical. And I don't mean body checks, I mean simple things like tying up bodies and digging pucks out of corners. He often floats in low scoring areas. He doesn't go after pucks and waits till they come to him. He seems to have lost a step after his initial tryout. Who his wingers are is a red herring. His own game wasn't cutting it.
The way I see it, a guy like Grigs needs the puck. He seemed to be in the right areas most of the time, but his linemates couldn't really get him the puck.

He had his best stretch with Hecht and Stafford -- both guys with some skill who know where and who to get the puck to.

Agreed that he still has things to work on, but he was done no favors by having to play with Scott/Kaleta/Gerbe/etc.

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote