View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Larry Hoover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Bozak doesn't really fit a need. Laughton projects as a 3C, and if he's not quite ready to fill that role, then a guy like Talbot or Read could do it next year. A 3rd (which could turn into a 2nd) is probably fair value for Bozak, but it doesn't add enough to make up for the gap between Couturier and Gardiner.

The Gardiner + for Couturier framework has some supporters around here, but even they would not be warm to Bozak as the additional piece, I think. Kulemin was a popular choice once upon a time, or perhaps an additional prospect.
I personally think Kulemin is too much to give up. Bozak would be a solid stop-gap for now so you wouldn't have to play Talbot/Read out of position. I think Laughton makes Couturier *somewhat* expendable, along with the emergence of B. Schenn who I think is better than S.C. and Giroux who, obviously, is superior.

I just thought Bozak fit nicely because then the Leafs would have Couturier, Grabovski, Kadri as their top 9C, and just that Bozak would step in to replace S.C. this year.

Maybe Leafs throw in a 2nd round pick instead of the 4th?

Gardiner+Bozak+Conditional 3rd 2013 (If the leafs make the playoffs it turns into a 2nd?)
FOR
Couturier+Conditional 4th 2014 (2nd if Bozak resigns)

How does that sound?