View Single Post
03-15-2013, 04:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
I personally think Kulemin is too much to give up. Bozak would be a solid stop-gap for now so you wouldn't have to play Talbot/Read out of position. I think Laughton makes Couturier *somewhat* expendable, along with the emergence of B. Schenn who I think is better than S.C. and Giroux who, obviously, is superior.

I just thought Bozak fit nicely because then the Leafs would have Couturier, Grabovski, Kadri as their top 9C, and just that Bozak would step in to replace S.C. this year.

Maybe Leafs throw in a 2nd round pick instead of the 4th?

Gardiner+Bozak+Conditional 3rd 2013 (If the leafs make the playoffs it turns into a 2nd?)
Couturier+Conditional 4th 2014 (2nd if Bozak resigns)

How does that sound?
It still doesn't work. You said it yourself, Bozak would be a "stopgap" who is an RFA after this season. What's the point in a "stopgap" for a team that's near the bottom of the league / has no chance of making the playoffs? I'd rather play a guy out of position and hopefully have him struggle to help us get a better draft pick then take Bozak back in a trade.

It just doesn't make any sense. Plus if we re-sign Bozak and you make the playoffs, you basically get to upgrade your late 2nd into a mid-early 2nd? What's up with that? It's even worse that if you miss the playoffs, you upgrade your 3rd round pick to a 2nd round pick.

This doesn't work for the Flyers.