Thread: Value of: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Maybe we gave that up because our system is pretty damn good, but we can also get a great player. You don't pass up on a Rick Nash player because of a 1st round pick.

The rangers are certainly building for 5+ years out, if you knew anything about the team, you'd know this.

There's a reason we didn't get Nash at the deadline. It's because the Jackets wanted McDonagh, Miller or Kreider as part of the deal. They didn't give these guys up because they're all going to be huge parts of our future.

I can sit here and argue semantics all day, but fact is, rangers have one of the youngest teams in the league. They have a lot of good, likely NHL level youth in the minors. We will never have trouble signing free agents as well.

Teams can trade a first and not sacrifice the ranch. i'd argue the trade the Rangers made for Nash actually further proves how much the future is important to them.
My bad. The prime opportunity for your team to win is now and forever.

Good luck with continuing to find players as good as McDonagh, Del Zotto, Stepan, Hagelin to all come in the league at the same time and your star players not having age ever affect them. The 1st might never turn into anything but 1st rounders is the most common way of finding cheap young talent.

The fact is your team is good just like the Hawks were but then eventually guys like Versteeg, Ladd, Buff all started to need salary increases. Then they had to retool now they're good again but the difference is that Nash, Lundqvist, Richards are all around 30 not in their early to mid 20s like Kane, Toews, etc. were.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote