View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 06:43 PM
derriko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
The Sens are getting closer to being legit challenger so the time for reclamation projects or stop gap measures are rapidly coming to a close.

While Lats may be filling in that position now, I believe Murray has to make a deal/signing that provides a better alternative for Spezza.
We still will only be in year 3 of the 3 year rebuild next year unless the plan has changed, which it very will might have. I think reclamation projects still fit the plan.

Lats isn't a stop gap either. If he returns to that form he showed his good year in Minny, he is a player teams cream their pants over, as well as being exactly what we need.

Only Puempel, Zib, and possibly Silf have the goal scoring instincts Lats has in our pipeline.

Hes only 25(?) as well so he could possibly be here up to a decade if both parties wanted.

I just don't have faith in Ottawa getting one of the big fish this off-season. Its not impossible, but im not getting my hopes up, and wont be surprised if we strike out with Semin, Perry, etc.

Lats should be second priority...I agree in that facet, but I still would like him back.

Hopefully he matures a little more, and realizes theres no "off-season" in professional sports. It takes about 11-11.5 months of work to be the best.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote