View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 05:47 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Is this a jab at my credibility? I have done cost estimation for multi billion dollar construction project. That was the business world, real money, real accountability.

Anything a GM does to research a players salary, we can do the same as fans. You take a look at the top D in the league, you look at their salary and you start to compare and dissect each piece at a time. I did that in my aforementioned post when I said we should of signed PK long term before the season.

Pulled a number out of his ass? I believe that MB has the right people in place and made a decision based on playing it safe, not really knowing TOO much about PK. He made a good business decision, but I still believe it was the wrong one. I have already explained why in my previous post and rest assured that I will do more of it in this one.

Before we continue, Max Pacioretty is on a home town discount, players that scored the same as max last year make more than him. He was 38th in the league in points and 18th in goals, which means his avg salary should be 5.5 million as per the top 40 salaries in the NHL for forwards.

You said it yourself, 1 million is for a press box sitter, now imagine you have 1 million from Subban+ 1 million from Max + 1 million you would of paid that player sitting in the box, you go from having a Ben Eager to having a second Rene Bourque, or insert player with around 3 M in cap hit.

Again like you say later on, if we want to sign a very good Dman or Forward, we buy out Kaberle, or trade Kaberle, buy out someone else. Saving 1 million on the cap hit over 13 years is beneficial, because he won't be the only one taking a discount. You set up a precedence and other players will buy in. How on earth is anyone in Pittsburgh going to ask for more than 8.7 M a year? No one will dare make more than Crosby. Crosby could of asked for league max at around 12 M a season, but he is a team player and knows what it takes to build a winner, nickle and dimming your way to the top. Rich people aren't rich by accident, you might call them cheap, I call them smart with their money.

I'm sorry to say, but you look rather foolish in my eyes after this statement. The same Chicago team that had to dismantle their Stanley Cup roster because of poor management of RFA, bonuses that penalized that team. He may of learned something, but Chicago is the last team you should praise when talking cap management.

Good on him for Cole, so since he is good at getting rid of deadwood, with the savings on a long term Subban contract, we should be able to sign whoever we want?! Right? See what I did there.

Gomez situation was luck, you think MB went to the NHL and begged them for the compliance buyout? He got lucky.

You're right, having players ready to jump in is a great asset, but let's not take it for granted like we are this year. Entry level deals for 1st round picks are 2, 3 million a year. After 1st rounders, the chances a player makes the NHL drops, so these 1 million players, not that they are non existent, but some luck + good scouting helps. Having extra money saved will come in handy whether we sign a player or they come up.

Thanks Kriss E and E = CH², you both seem to get what I am talking about. Also Lafleurs Guy, we agree on something!!!
No. I dont know you so I cant challenge your credibility when it comes to business.

However, Bergevin is the GM. And you are not.

For that I am ever thankful.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote