View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Primakov!

vCash: 500
More than a forward, I'd really prefer if we could get a defender into the lineup with NHL game experience so they can eat up some minutes and take a bit of the load from the pairing of Scuderi and Doughty.

There was an early season interview where Scuderi talked about the challenge of having to handle the increased minutes. If I'm remembering correctly he said it'd be okay for a period of time, but it might not be something he can carry over the entire course of a season. And with Sutter riding Scuderi hard I think the wear and tear is showing with some uncharacteristically bad plays from a guy that is usually rock solid in the defensive zone.

Now they're not sexy names by any means, but someone like Mike Weaver or Ian White who have games under their belt and aren't fresh meat might be a good pick up.

They're guys you'd consider veterans and Sutter might feel more inclined to give them minutes that he'd be reluctant to give to the young kids. It would also provide another right-handed defenseman on the third pairing where we've been rotating an all lefty contingent of Martinez, Drewiske, and Ellerby.