View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
We still will only be in year 3 of the 3 year rebuild next year unless the plan has changed, which it very will might have. I think reclamation projects still fit the plan.

Lats isn't a stop gap either. If he returns to that form he showed his good year in Minny, he is a player teams cream their pants over, as well as being exactly what we need.

Only Puempel, Zib, and possibly Silf have the goal scoring instincts Lats has in our pipeline.

Hes only 25(?) as well so he could possibly be here up to a decade if both parties wanted.

I just don't have faith in Ottawa getting one of the big fish this off-season. Its not impossible, but im not getting my hopes up, and wont be surprised if we strike out with Semin, Perry, etc.

Lats should be second priority...I agree in that facet, but I still would like him back.

Hopefully he matures a little more, and realizes theres no "off-season" in professional sports. It takes about 11-11.5 months of work to be the best.
All good points, however the Sens showed interest in Nash after year one of the rebuild, so after a year where many of the kids are showing real promise, I think Murray will definitely be in there bidding.

That said, I agree Lats deserves the chance to show what he can bring over the last half of the season.

While he has looked OK since his return, it is worth noting MacLean has been implementing a trap which does slow the pace of the game.

Once Karlsson, Michalek and Spezza are back in the line-up, MacLean will revert to the up-tempo, puck possession, 200 foot game, a game that doesn't play to Lats strengths.

IMO for Lats to be back, he doesn't have to produce great numbers, but he does have to find a way to up the pace of his game.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote