View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Samsquanch
Creep

vCash: 500
With the minutes he's played (which isnt many), he's been nothing short of excellent in my opinion. Maclean has openly admitted that they're taking their time with him, and doing everything they can to keep his confidence up and not overwhelm him, and the results are there.

Admittedly I was skeptical of the pick at the time, and overall fairly skeptical of his ability to be a top 6 player in the NHL. There was a misconception that was floating around that he lacked hockey sense, but that seems to have been put to bed. It has in my mind at least.

He's got that knack for being in good goal scoring areas, and an absolutely lethal shot. He's big and fast, so as long as his physical tools keep developing, he should be a great player at some point in the near future. He's still only 19 years old, which is basically the equivalent to a new born infant in the NHL, and with his style of play it will likely take a few years minimum to really hit his potential. But after 20 games, the future looks very encouraging.

Samsquanch is offline   Reply With Quote