View Single Post
Old
03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Except he played eight minutes a night on the 2009 Ducks during the regular season... and 8 and a half in the playoffs... so unless your definition of a not good team is one with Niedermayer Pronger Getzlaf Perry Ryan and Selanne you would be mistaken...
2009? That was 4 years ago. Players change. Same coach on a good Toronto team at the time was playing him 4 this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
No, the difference between Eager and Brown is that Brown brings it every night, Eager doesn't. It's as simple as that.

Also, Brown not only accepts his role but he embraces it. Eager seemed to have a problem accepting his role. Brown is more of a professional and that holds a lot of weight with coaches and i'm sure his teammates also.
That's great for the dressing room, but honestly is it worth a 3rd/4th rounder? Eager still does a lot of similar things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Brown has done more in his few games with us so far than Eager did all year.

Brown understands his role as a 4th line guy, while Eager never embraced it, nor did he ever show reason to have him playing higher in the lineup.
Eager was hurt a lot, and I've watched every game to say that he had definitely started to really pick up his play, some of his best games as an Oiler were played before the trade. Literally a week before the trade, I saw Oil fans asking to put Eager in the top six. The hate came on pretty quickly afterwards.

This may be the first time in history where I've criticized a Steve Tambellini trade, I guess I picked the wrong one to not like. I don't hate Brown, and I enjoy his fighting and hitting, I just wish this was addressed properly in the offseason instead of using a pick to fix it right now.

EDIT: I watched the Brown-Tootoo fight, like I said, love the fighting so far, its entertaining.
EDIT: Brown just showed why maybe it's not smart to play him in a one goal game with 6 minutes left

Last edited by Paralyzer008: 03-15-2013 at 10:46 PM.