View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 12:20 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Yeah, it's hard to say. But those 9 points in 76 games don't inspire much confidence given that he's not primarily a shutdown D. He's supposed to be a two-way defenseman with more of a lean towards defense. Guys like that usually produce decent numbers in the AHL when they have some NHL potential.

Even a guy like Aaron Rome scored 24 points in 64 games at the same age. We'll see I guess. My feeling is that it's not worth taking up a contract spot as there are better defensemen available in the AHL ranks without an NHL contract.
If you aren't occasionally folding winning hands you aren't playing poker right. Maybe he is an NHLer with more development but you have to cut some one occasionally. I think with Sauve we might need to fold, at some point the contract slot is worth more than the player's perceived potential.

Best hope would be trade throw in or get him to sign an 1 year AHL team contract not an NHL team one. I'd hate to see us lose one of the college UFA's because of lack of spots.