Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
03-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Jake the Snake Man
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Winterhawker View Post
Been following players from our WHL Portland Winterhawks and there seems to be a lack of development of young players in Peoria compared to other AHL teams. Is this because of lack of financing, they appear to have had several losing seasons?
They just have a bad lineup. Most of the Blues young core made the jump quickly or straight to the NHL. Bishop, Eller, Cole, Allen, and Schwartz are all guys who appear to have developed well with decent time in Peoria. Palushaj is a tweener, but he's contributing at the NHL level. The rest of the guys, like McRae, Sonne, and so forth, just aren't good enough.

Part of their issues could be AHL-level scouting. I don't know what guys have been available to sign that they've missed out on, so I can't really criticize.

Fortunately, there's a big influx of talent coming. Hakanpaa, Tesink, Edmundson, Jaskin, Rattie, and Veilleux, just off the top of my head. Possibly Eronen. When your best draft picks make the jump straight from major junior, college, and Europe, it's hard to keep your AHL team competitive.