Thread: Waived: Ben Eager - *CLEARED*
View Single Post
03-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Oil Gauge
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Being that you're supporting the Barker signing theres maybe not much point discussing the Eager signing. Both players were done before arriving here, I said as much at the time, and it was obvious to quite a few people that were familiar with these players.

The concussions didn't help Eager but he wasn't consistent in responding to the bell or answering the call of duty before he had them.

I wish Eager all the best, sometimes its more important to walk away then getting your brains scrambled. He should call it quits at this point. No shame in doing that.
The Barker signing was so obviously a reclamation project. Whats wrong with taking a flyer on a guy who was once a good NHL Defenseman and a 3rd overall pick? We all knew he was coming off of a few bad seasons and was looking like a bust. What if he had turned into a good top 4 dman? Then it would still be a bad signing right? because that's what you are saying.

how were the Oilers supposed to know that his concussion problems would come back? He only had 2 back in 2007-08, and had been free of them since. Then he got one the in the pre season before he even played a game for the Oilers right? Or was it the first regular season game? I seem to remember him being pretty feisty in SJ, don't remember watching him in Atlanta.

Eager was the kind of guy the Oilers needed when they signed him. Concussions quickly changed his game.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote